The Institute for Sustainable Technologies - National Research Institute in Radom is a state-owned research and development institute conducting basic and applied research and implementation in the field of advanced technologies related to machines construction and maintenance, materials engineering, environmental protection, systems engineering, scientific research methodology and continuing education at all the levels of vocational education.
Work Pedagogy of Innovative Economy Centre is an integral part of the Institute and it develops merit bases for continuing education and development at all the levels of vocational education. Research on the work environment, vocational and lifelong learning, design of innovative curricula and teaching materials conducted for over 25 years within wide international cooperation led to the establishment of a scientific centre for work pedagogy recognised in Poland and abroad. Within the structure of the centre, there are The Vocational Education Research Department and The Continuing Education Department.
Special field of interest for transnational (international) projects:
- New skills and qualifications of teachers and trainers supporting continuing education development.
- Complex teaching-learning with the use of flexible technologies of vocational education and training.
- Development of procedures for evaluation and assessment of vocational education and training.
- Flexibility, transferability, mobility as targets of vocational education and training.
- Qualification requirements and vocational qualifications comparison in an integrated Europe.
- Methods and procedures of vocational qualifications accreditation at the European labour market.
- Tools and methods of quality assurance in forming vocational qualifications in co-operation between educational institutions and enterprises.
- Comparativeness of vocational qualifications on the Polish and European labour market.
- The acquisition of new professional qualifications based on European Standards of Competence.